Excellent source of Essential amino acids, Minerals, and Antioxidants
Quinoa has turn out to be progressively more popular among those looking to improve or maintain their health. This grain is high in protein, Fibre, B-vitamins, magnesium, calcium and vitamin E phosphorus, vitamin E, and various beneficial antioxidants.
It is also naturally gluten-free, making it a great option for those with coeliac disease. High in protein and one of the few plant foods that contain sufficient of all nine essential amino acids. This versatile grain is easy to use in many ways.
- Complete protein-rich food - It is a complete protein containing all nine essential amino acids.
- Quinoa is rich in magnesium. Magnesium helps to relax blood vessels. Magnesium also may reduce Type 2 diabetes by promoting healthy blood sugar control.
- Rich in flavonoids such as quercetin and kaempferol - potent plant antioxidants with numerous health benefits.
- Quinoa is much higher in fiber than most grains
- Quinoa is naturally gluten-free.
- Quinoa is high in fiber, protein and has a low glycemic index. These properties have all been linked to weight loss and improved health.
- It may improve blood sugar and cholesterol levels
- Good source of Iron and Folate
Rinse quinoa grains with water 2 to 3 times. Take a 1:2 ratio of quinoa grains and water. Cook this for 20-25 minutes.
Quinoa UpmaHeat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, curry leaves, green chilies, and onions. Saute for 2 minutes and then add the mixed veggies & ginger. Mix and saute for a minute. Pour water to this mix and add salt. Once the water starts to boil, add the water drained quinoa. Cook on a medium flame until quinoa turns tender and absorbs all the water.